Canon 2010 Australian Professional Photography Awards APPA

As an emerging member of the Australian Institute of professional photography – AIPP I am alowed to enter 3 images into the Australian professional photography awards – APPA.

These are the three images I will be entering into the landscape category, they must be presented onto a 16 x 20 inch matt and the image must be a minimum of 10 inches on the longest side. If you have any suggestions or comments please feel free to post what you think as feedback is always appreciated.

Cheers

Darren Tierney

p.s GO Queensland and my poor imac can now have a break from all its work

Australian Professional Photography Awards

Australian Professional Photography Awards

Australian Professional Photography Awards

Tagged: , , , , ,

Matt Lauder said on May 28, 2010

I like the top one Darren but for me I liked the colour version that you shot on the G617. Also I think your title is wrong these awards seam to be the “Canon 2010 Australian Professional Photoshop Awards APPA”.

I think for us landscapers the two categories is great for those who like a heavy photoshop montage image and those who have gone for a more realistic landscape capture but the one award isn’t fair, as it always seams to favor the heavy photoshoped images. I know photoshop is a big side of photography these days but it would be nice to draw the line with images that have been created with photoshop and those that have been complemented with it. If you know what I mean.

Beau Mitchell said on May 31, 2010

Good luck with the awards, dude.

Andrew Brown said on June 1, 2010

Good luck mate, the top two are my favourites, leaning towards the windmill but I seem to have a personal affliction with them

Adrian Wayte said on June 1, 2010

Hey Darren, very nice images, rather spectacular in fact.
Best of luck with the entries. Cheers Adrian
wayte27.wordpress.com

Darren Tierney said on June 2, 2010

Haha Matt they seem to be getting more and more like that each year which is kind of annoying as i would love nothing more than to just shoot velvia and give them a slide to judge but at the same time it is also good to be learning new techniques in photoshop.

Darren Tierney said on June 2, 2010

Cheers Beau ill let you know how I go. How did you go with the pano awards

Darren Tierney said on June 2, 2010

Hey Andrew love the new stuff they are looking sweet, it seems like you had quite the trip. That windmill is not too far out of Burra from memory and i ended up ripping my jeans jumping the barbed wire.

Darren Tierney said on June 2, 2010

Thanks for the comments Adrian, the images are being judged on Saturday morning so hopefully they go alright either way i would have them on my wall which is all i ever go for when shooting.

Tony Middleton said on June 3, 2010

Goodluck with them in the APPA’s Darren, I love the light in that second shot and I also agree with what Matt said on the categories thing. I’ll keep an eye out for your images when I’m there on the w/e. :)

cheers,
tone :)

Darrienne said on June 5, 2010

Very best of luck with the awards. As someone who doesn’t see or photograph windmills, I’m strangely drawn to the first image! Crisp without being depressing.

Have fun in Melbourne.