Aqua Tech housing for Canon 5D Mark 2 07/7

9 Comments

Okay so I am trying something a little different at the moment. Early this week I picked up the Aqua Tech DC-5 housing for the Canon 5D Mark 2 and after a quick camera-less test in the pool to make sure the housing was water tight I jumped in the surf and had a bit of a play underwater. I am still testing different settings to see what works and what doesn’t but I have managed to snap this shot off whilst learning the ropes. I think I might have to start planning a trip to Fiji this thing would be epic over there.

Underwater Photography - Canon 5D Mark 2

Cheers

Darren Tierney

Tagged: , , , , ,

Matt Lauder said on July 7, 2010

Top shot mate. Enjoy the housing their is certainly a technique to using it.

Rod Thomas said on July 7, 2010

Epic, just like NSW ya big girl….. NICE shot mate ! !

Beau Mitchell Landscapes said on July 7, 2010

As I said before, nice one mate. Looks much better with the one little reflection gone, too. Can’t wait to see what you can do with this on Fraser!

Darren Tierney said on July 7, 2010

Cheers guys can’t wait test this thing out properly, hopefully I don’t get too injured in the process. Ill post some more in the coming days be sure to check back.

Adrian Wayte said on July 7, 2010

Hey Daren, nice abstract image. I recently also posted on water housings so have a read if your interested. Some pretty cool images to wet your appetite.

matthew Saul said on July 10, 2010

really like this!

Darren Tierney said on July 10, 2010

cheers Adrian and Matthew, went out this morning got some pretty good shots, the surf was decent as well and they will be up on the blog soon, keep an eye out.

Jamie said on July 12, 2010

Hi Darren,

Nice photo mate. I haven’t touched my underwater housing in a couple of months now. Waters too cold for me. ;-)

Jamie

Darren Tierney said on July 12, 2010

Cheers Jamie

After two hours you end up pretty cold even over here so it would be FREEZING in Perth even in a wetsuit, you wouldn’t get me out there at the moment its not too bad over here water is about 19-20 degrees at the moment so you love the hot shower once you get out.
Darren